Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Statistically Probable Smile

Tonight's recommendation is pretty straightforward. It's also adorable.



Unsurprisingly, this was suggested because I watched the actual "Sellotape of Love" clip from the Flight of the Conchords show. Multiple times. I love FotC, and this song is one of my favorites. Seeing their concert in Chicago and meeting Brett and Jemaine afterward was a life highlight.

If there's anything notable about YouTube's role in this whole affair, it's that they've actually recommended a different Sellotape fan-vid every night since I watched the original. Most have been nondescript, some of them outright bad, but YouTube is all about the inexorability of large numbers. Surely I have to like at least one of these, it seems to say.

And this eleven second video is just sweet enough to make me smile. To be honest, I started to watch it another time and it was already annoying, but I'll give YouTube points for the first impression. I wonder if it can hear me saying "All right already, this one was cute, OK?"

No comments:

Post a Comment